16 April 2012

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Looking at the date of my last post makes me ashamed.  11th February?  Has it really been that long?  That said, a lot has happened in that time, and while I haven't had time to do a photo a day and keep up with my project 365, I do have lots of news to tell you all!


Promotion
My manager left at the end of January and after angling after his job for some time followed by speaking to my boss about it, I got promoted!  I'm now assistant manager in my department, which means no more travelling to clients in far away places for weeks on end.  Bliss - my credit card is very much appreciating the reduction in petrol costs!  It also meant a pay rise, which leads on to my other (and more exciting!) news.......


Photos from weheartit.com

House
We've bought a house!!!  Only a month or two after first starting to look, we found the one!  A cosy 3 bedroom semi detached house just around the corner from work and only 10 minutes drive from the town centre.  I'm so excited about moving in!  We've been busy buying bits and pieces but still have quite a lot to get - mainly kitchen appliances and the sofa.  Is it a bit sad that I'm really excited about buying a sofa?  We're hoping to move in towards the middle of May and when we're settled, I'll be doing a few interior posts (and possibly exterior when we get the garden sorted) per the request of Emily.  I can't wait to get decorating - I've got so many ideas about what to do and I can't wait to get started!

50+ hour weeks combined with frantic mortgage and life insurance arranging (I feel so old!) has left little time for blogging over the last two months but I can assure you all that I'm fully refreshed and have got my mojo back now!  I plan to do a couple of new features on here too, so watch this space! :)



1 comment:

  1. Yey congratulations on your promotion and your new home! How very exciting and grown up too can't wait to see all your decorating posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...