20 November 2011

Project 365: #113 Mussels and pizza


Just before I came to Canada, Danny and I went out for dinner to Zero Degrees – a restaurant and microbrewery in Reading.  Whenever we go there, I always have mussels – moules marinière is one of my favourite dishes and at Zero Degrees, they do a kilo mussels with fries.  Mmmm!  I know that a kilo of mussels sounds like a lot, but when you think about the fact that they’re only tiny in their shells, it doesn't seem quite so bad.  That said, I still can never manage it all!

This time I decided to forego a starter so that I didn’t ruin my appetite – surprisingly sensible for me!  Danny had gorgonzola and mushroom gnocchi like he had last time we went (absolutely delicious!) followed by a Smoky Mexican pizza.  He loves spicy food so the combination of spicy mexican sausage, roasted mixed peppers, red onions, sweetcorn, jalapeños and chilli oil jumped out at him – I thought it would as I read down the menu!  Since I hadn’t had a starter, I did manage to stretch to a dessert – a warm chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream.  Wow!  I’d recommend going to Zero Degrees for this alone, let alone the mussels and the other wonderful food!  Definitely worth a visit if you’re in Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...