20 June 2011

Weekly top 5

Posting this a bit late this week I'm afraid girls - I wasn't organised enough to schedule posts for the weekend, as I was only ready 10 minutes before Ash picked me up!  Anyway, here goes...

Well after the weekend, my number one love this week has got to be Take That!  Absolutely loved Saturday night and will be trying to dig out my old CDs to put in the car I think!  Wish I could figure out how to upload the recordings I took actually - I've just uploaded them to my laptop and they sound like they're from a live album rather than taken on my phone!

My parents are away for 10 days, which means that I have a free house (except for my brother but that doesn't really count!) so Danny's going to be staying for the next week.  It's really nice to have the house to ourselves for a bit - gets us into practice for having our own place and I get to enjoy Danny's cooking on a daily basis!  That said, the deal is that he cooks and I do the laundry and ironing - I think I get the raw deal there since he loves cooking and I can't say I'm a big fan of laundry or ironing....

After registering for a new current account with Santander on 6th May, my internet banking details have finally arrived (after numerous angry phone calls from me!) so I can actually access my money (or lack of it) now.  I had never really realised how much I rely on internet banking and have found it really difficult not knowing how much money is in my account (yes, I know I can check at a cashpoint but I tend to use my card way more than cash so don't get a chance to check very often)  Hopefully I can start paying back my parents and brother some of the money I owe them now - I hate owing people money.

Weather permitting, Danny and I are planning to go up to the Lake District at the weekend to meet up with Mum and Dad.  We've been going up to the Lake District every year since I was about five, so it'll be nice to be able to show Danny one of my favourite places.  Hopefully the weather will be good though - Danny's said he's not keen on going if it's going to be tipping it down with rain all weekend.  It does rather defeat the point if you can't get out and do a bit of walking, but I'm sure we can handle sitting around in a nice pub while the rain eases off :)

Now that I'm back from Dublin, I know exactly how much money I've got to spend on holiday bits and pieces!  I can't remember if I've mentioned this before (apologies if I have) - Danny and I are going to Mexico at the end of July for 2 weeks - his brother is getting married out there so we're going to the wedding and then having a holiday too.  I can't wait!  And now I don't need to budget for Dublin, I can start my holiday buying!  One trip to Westfield is already planned (by Danny, for the Sunday before we fly) but that's a little late for me, so I think I'm going to try and fit in another one before then.  Expect to see a massive haul blog in the next couple of weeks!

Hope you're all having a good Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...